Webinar: The Emerging Role of Broadband Wireless Networks in Emergency Response Crises, United States
10:00 AM EST, October 25th, 2007
This 90-minute webinar will focused on the critical role the Wireless Minneapolis network played in supporting emergency responders at the scene of the I-35W bridge collapse on August 1st.
Moderated by James Farstad, President of rClient, the trusted advisor to the City of Minneapolis, the City of Minneapolis team shared their experiences and lessons learned, providing a unique opportunity for attendees to identify how their community can leverage a wireless infrastructure to respond to emergency crisis effectively.
The discussion focused on:
- Deploying a flexible mobile wireless network
- Versatility of the technology in supporting voice, data and video applications
- Increasing field officer efficiency through in-field, real time access to essential data
- Preparing for easy interoperability and multi-jurisdictional communications among city/county personnel, emergency coordination units, department of transportation and traffic routing, blood banks, medical institutions, non-profits and news outlets
- Further adapting the network for ongoing monitoring and coordination of the rebuilding efforts
Link to event recording will be available shortly.