The number of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for city and countywide broadband-wireless infrastructure continues to accelerate, representing increasing business opportunities for equipment vendors, service providers, systems integrators and consultants. Track city and community RFP news and release information, through the Business Opportunities database operated by MultiState Associates- a U.S.-based state and local government relations and procurement resource service. Sign up for a free trial today! To get weekly updates, subscribe to W2i's weekly newsletter - The W2i Report.
1.Augusta (GA) Wireless ISP RFP
Augusta, GA seeks a WISP to own and deploy a 4 square mile wireless network. A bidders conference is scheduled for May 5, 2008. Proposals due May 16, 2008.
• New York City, Traffic Solution
• Minneapolis as Municipal Wi-Fi "Poster Child"
• The Digital City Realized: Q&A with James Farstad
• OneZone, Toronto Hydro Telecom, Canada
• Riverside `08
2.Golden Gate Bridge Distrcit RFP for Wireless
The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District (District) has established this Request for Proposals (RFP) for the procurement of an Advanced Communications and Information System (ACIS) consisting of a new radio communications system with Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) components. The ACIS replace the existing radio and Computer Aided Dispatch systems. Proposals are due July 8, 2008.
• Beaverton, OR
• Bowling Green (KY) Launches Public Safety Wi-Fi
• Wireless Competition, Low-Cost Internet, Coming to Mexico City: Q&A with Sam Podolsky
• Government Processes Reengineering Roundtable: Summary
• WEBINAR: Wireless Video Surveillance at the Democratic and Republican National Conventions