The number of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for city and countywide broadband-wireless infrastructure continues to accelerate, representing increasing business opportunities for equipment vendors, service providers, systems integrators and consultants. Track city and community RFP news and release information, through the Business Opportunities database operated by MultiState Associates- a U.S.-based state and local government relations and procurement resource service. Sign up for a free trial today! To get weekly updates, subscribe to W2i's weekly newsletter - The W2i Report.
1.Portland (OR) RFP for Consultant to Write FTTP
Portland (OR) RFP for Consulant to Write FTTP RFP, Following a RFI and several years of study, Portland, OR has issued the attached RFP for a consultant to assist with a RFP for FTTP. Proposals due May 19, 2008.
• Minnesota, Get Broadband Program
• Thanks to Verizon, U.S. in Top 10 in Global FTTH Push
• 'City-scale' Means A Whole Lot More Than Infrastructure
2.Overland (KS) Community Center Wireless
Overland (KS) Community Center Wireless. It is the intention of the city to enter into a contract with a single vendor to provide services for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of a wireless internet access system for use at Overland Community Center, 9225 Lackland Rd., Overland, MO 63114. April 30, 2008 deadline.
• New York City, Traffic Solution
• Minneapolis as Municipal Wi-Fi "Poster Child"
• The Digital City Realized: Q&A with James Farstad
• OneZone, Toronto Hydro Telecom, Canada
• Riverside `08